COVID-19 Update - May 24, 2020
We are excited to welcome all of our valued and new patients back to Hudson Dental following the closure for the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be following the guidelines laid out by the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia, the Public Health Officer of the Government of British Columbia and Work Safe BC to provide a safe dental environment for our patients and staff during COVID-19.
Below are some of the changes you will notice when you come to our office:
- You will be screened with COVID-19 health and travel questions over the phone when booking and confirming your appointment.
- You will be met at the clinic door at your appointment time and be assessed again for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms. You will be provided with hand sanitizer to clean your hands prior to entering the clinic.
- We ask that you come to appointment alone, when possible.
- All staff will be wearing enhanced PPE to lower the risk of bacterial and viral transmission.
- Plexiglass screens have been installed at all front desk locations.
- Hand sanitizer will be located through the clinic for patients and staff.
- We have removed all magazines and toys from our waiting room to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Chairs have been spaced 2m apart in our waiting room to observe social distancing.
- A pretreatment rinse will provided prior to any dental examination or treatment to reduce the number of oral bacteria and viruses.
- A rubber dam and/or high volume evacuation will be used at all appointments to reduce the amount of aerosolization.
- High touch surfaces (door handles, countertops, etc) will be cleaned multiple times a day.
- We have reduced the number of appointments in a day to practice proper social distancing between patients.
- Appointment times have been lengthened to allow for thorough screening of patients and enhanced infection control and cleaning.
- Receipts and future appointments will be sent electronically whenever possible.
- If you are unwell the day of your appointment please do not come to your appointment. No short notice cancellation fee will be charged when cancelling due to illness or possible COVID-19 exposure.
If you would like further information regarding our COVID-19 policies and procedures please call us. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Implementing the above changes will allow us to maintain a safe environment for everyone at Hudson Dental, patients and staff. We are very excited to, once again, be able to provide oral health care to our amazing Shuswap community. We can’t wait to see you!